Meet Lawrence Giles with Vu Line Direct!
1. How long have you worked in the promotional products industry? - Feels like forever, but it’s only been since 1997 (which is like kinda like forever, right?)
2. How did you get into your first industry job? – Needed a Summer Job while I was going to College and was hired as a CSR for Bullet in Miami, FL
3. What’s one thing — either industry/work-related or not — you learned in the past month? – I’m learning things all the time so it’s hard to nail one thing down. If I could go with a piece of advice I would say, “Arm Yourself With True Friends”
4. What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve ever received? – Be Adaptable to Change. Another one would be, BEWARE: Competitive Advantages Don’t Last Long (that’s one I would give)
5. What is your favorite promotional product and why? – Tradeshow in a Bag, of course. Everything you need for a tradeshow, backdrop, banner stand, table cover and table top retractable and it all fits in a single, easy to carry bag. It’s a very practical piece, easy to set-up & breakdown, can be used together or individually, and was nominated for Product of the Year by PPAF
6. What was the first concert you ever attended? – I was a concert promoter in my previous life, even toured the country a couple of times so this question really resonates with me. Seen a lot of Great Shows and I have a ton of stories to tell. My first concert wasn’t my favorite concert so I’ll go with one of my favorites instead, Beastie Boys, Cameo Theater, Miami Beach, 1991.
7. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? – Pizza is the go-to here, right? Very versatile and you can swap out the meats and cheese and go completely vegan, but I’ve been eating a lot of cereal lately - Ezekiel 4:9 w/ Raisins, Honey, Blueberries, Banana, and Coconut/Almond Milk is Awesome so I’ll go with that
8. What are you currently binge-watching or reading? – I’m reading the Godfather by Mario Puzo right now, but the best book I’ve read this year (besides the Bible) was East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables and Crime & Punishment by Dostoevesky are on deck
9. What characteristics do you admire most in others? – I think we all tend to admire the characteristics in others that we lack in ourselves or maybe the characteristics that we wish we had more of – honestly, integrity, courage, etc… I have a Friend that can call you out on something and do it smiling & laughing and just have a good spirit about it. He makes you feel dumb, but not too bad that you tried to get over on him. I think that’s a pretty cool characteristic to have
Lawrence's contact information:
Meet Gary Ban with Innovative Adhesives!
1. Tell us about your company.
The name is Innovative Adhesives, but the web site is fanapeel.com. Is this because you do fan logos and also hunting camo? Fan-A-Peel / Gamefaces have long been a staple in the sporting world. First introduced over 25 years ago as a water applied tattoo in collegiate sports has now evolved into a fashion statement for fans, cheerleaders and players. Licensed with over 135 colleges our products have embraced the fashion trends as well as impulse buy and immediate use by introducing several years ago a tattoo that can be used without water and used on most any surface. As the inventor and patent holder for peel & stick temporary tattoos we have revolutionized the market and made it easier to anyone to wear and remove their "GameFace" at will. We utilize the safest 3M Medical adhesives in our products and have expanded our lines to include metallic, glitter in standard and any custom design you desire. A game day doesn't go by without seeing our products on TV, print and in the stands. In addition to our mantra for safety and convenance we have embraced sustainability by only using recycled materials in our packaging. All we want is for you to have fun and "put your gameface on"!!
Innovative Adhesive is a play on words, Fan A Peel is the umbrella brand for all products with GameFaces being the brand for our collegiate tattoo line and Thinskin is the brand for our Camo product. Fan A Peel is also a play on words for Fan based peel and stick temporary tattoos.
1a. Related: You are in Cary, but the corporate address is Augusta (great place to have been this past weekend). How does that work?
Actually, our corporate office is in Cary and our warehouse and fulfillment is done out of our Augusta, GA warehouse. (Augusta is always fun around the Masters !!)
2. How long have you been with IA?
I have been the majority owner since June 2009.
3. Why are you a CAAMP Member?
We expanded the business in 2011 to address the corporate promo and custom markets, we joined CAAMP to participate in a more regional presence.
4. What industry events do you attend?
We have attended a number of shows to include PPAI, ASI, Sage road shows, CAAMP shows, Promo Marketing power meetings and various retail shows to include Sports Licensing Tailgate show, CAMEX and various gift shows.
5. What do you have on your bucket list?
Great question, I love to play golf and travel, so playing some of the more popular named courses like Pebble Beach or Augusta National would be a real treat. Flying a fighter jet..
6. What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
Play golf with my friends, and sit by a fire and enjoy a cold beverage with my wife, family and friends.
7. What are your pet peeves?
People who waste my time.. other than that, I’m pretty easy to get along with.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
President of the United States but I think I will pass on that dream..
9. What is an item that you can’t live without?
10. Do you have a favorite quote, or a thought you would like to leave us with?
“ If you want to live life on your own terms you have to be willing to crash and burn ”.
Gary's contact information:
Meet Steve Rater with S2 Marketing Group!
1. At what capacity did you enter the industry and why?
I began in this industry as a regional sales manager at C+D/Hit in 1985.2. If you could learn to do anything new, what would it be? ...
I would like to become a boat captain.3. What is something about you (A fun fact) that many people do not know?
I grew up on a dairy farm and milked cows every day before getting on the school bus.4. What was one of the greatest experience in your life?
Watching my two children being born.5. Who is the one person that has guide you to success... and why?
My Father taught me a work ethic that continues today.6. What is the first thing you want to do after COVID-19 is behind us?
After Covid 19 I want to make calls in offices again.7. Tell us about your family?
I have been married for 34 years and have two Georgia Southern graduate children.
8. What is your favorite food?
My favorite foods are always changing, my wife and I enjoy cooking new recipes all the time.
9. What is your favorite word and why?
My favorite word is love.
you could hang out with anybody in the world who would it be? Dead or alive
If I could spend time with anybody it would be Ronald Reagan, he was truly an inspiration.
Steve's contact information:
Multiline Rep Member
THE HAPPY CAAMPER SPOTLIGHT